I am a successful and innovative software entrepreneur and board director. I have wide experience of business and people management with an excellent understanding of software and technical issues.
I have hands-on experience of all of the following:
- creating businesses from the ground up;
- board level management including listed company board directorship;
- managing people and processes for successful outcomes;
- creating positive company cultures;
- coaching and people development;
- project management;
- product development (hardware and software, including extensive programming experience);
- marketing (including online and app marketing);
- sales, telesales and sales management;
- technical and customer support;
- finance (including raising funds on the stock market);
- staff training.
I have performed all the above roles personally and then later, as my business grew, each role was delegated and I managed other people to do the work.
1986 to 1989: Northern Telecom: product marketing. Read more...
1989 to 1994: Computer consultancy and bespoke programming. Read more...
1991 to 2010: Telephonetics plc: co-founder and managing director. Read more...
2003 to present: Martial Arts Publishing Ltd: founder and managing director. Read more...
2011 to present: Burgar Software Ltd. iPad app development. Read more...
2014 to present: asensei inc www.asensei.com
NB: there are overlapping time periods above where I have performed multiple roles. I am an energetic entrepreneur, busy and productive with a strong work ethic.
Read about my software skills and experience.
1983 to 1986: Reading University BSc (Hons) Cybernetics and Computer Science.
1976 to 1983: Longdean School, Hemel Hempstead. 4 A Levels (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry).
1982/3: Headboy, Longdean School, Hemel Hempstead.
- Married, 2 daughters
- Karate 6th Dan
- Published author
- Chess player